This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
It’s time to actually post a technical blog-post to my blog, so here goes…
My web-browser of choice is Mozilla Firefox, for a load of reasons, many of which I’ll go into later on. However, Firefox only gets me that far, and to get the whole nine yards, I use extensions. The reasons vary, but here are my favorite Firefox extensions:
- Name: Download Statusbar
- What: A statusbar displaying the status of your downloads
- Why: It keeps the download window from popping up all the time, and keeps my downloads easily manageable.
- Name: Fotofox
- What: An uploader utility for use with sites such as Flickr, Tabblo etc.
- Why: I’m an active user at Flickr, and prefer this method for uploading my pictures
- Name: IE Tab
- What: A rendering engine, rendering just one tab in Internet Explorer
- Why: Some sites only work in Internet Explorer, also I want to see how my sites render in different browsers
- Name: ShowIP
- What: It shows the IP-address of the website I’m watching
- Why: Well, I guess I’m curious
More extensions can be found here.
What are your favorite extensions: Leave me a comment, and tell me!