This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
From time to time, people comment on my blogposts (you may too by the way, just click the “# COMMENTS” link below to comment on this post), and at times they even comment on very old blogposts, such as this one, dated September 14th, 2007. The problem with this is that unless you actually read the post in question, you’re not likely to know that the comment was made.
What I wanted to do, then, was add a gadget to the sidebar, displaying the last five or so comments that were made. As it turns out, this was simpler than I’d expected. Here’s how:
- Log into blogger, and click customization.
- Go to the Layout tab, and select Page Elements
- Click “Add a gadget”
- Choose the option “Feed”
- Enter the feed address (more about that below).
- Change options, such as the title, number of comments displayed and whether you want the data and source/author of the comment to be displayed.
- Save it, and enjoy your new gadget.
Note on feed addresses:If your blog address is http://blog.blogspot.com, your feed address for posts is http://blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. For comments it is http://blog.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default