This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
In my last post, I showed you how to use a batch script to start a service from a desktop shortcut. The command we used was the
net start command. In order to use it, you need to find the name of the service you want to start. Here’s how:
- In the startmenu, click run
- In the run dialog box, enter the command
- In Computer Management, find Services under the header Services and Applications
- Find and double-click the service for which you need the name
- For this example, I’ve chosen to use a service called Distributed Link Tracking Client. As seen below, its name is TrkWks