This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
I’ve had a few cases of users running into this error message in Lotus Notes 8.0.1:
The problem is tied to the embedded version of IBM’s instant messaging system Sametime, and has been reliably reproduced in any of the following conditions:
- Initiating a chat session
- Clicking the telephone icon
- Receiving a chat
According to IBM, the problem is solved by upgrading to version 8.0.2, and they also say there’s a hotfix available.
There is, however, a workaround, which also seems to work reliably. Here’s how to implement it:
- Open Microsoft® Internet Explorer
- Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced (tab)
- Locate the option “Disable script debugging” and put a check mark in the box
- Locate the “Display a notification about every script error” line and remove the check mark in the box
- Check the option “Disable Script Debugging (Other)”