This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
My employer has a few locations that uses thin clients. The thin clients they use are HP t5520, which are configured using a predefined script installed from a USB memory stick. When setting up these clients, I’ve noticed a problem that they are unable to connect to the server, and simply returns to the connect view. Luckily, this problem is easily resolved. Here’s how:
- Log into the thin client as administrator, the enter the control panel
- Find the setting Terminal Server Client Licenses
- Whenever the problem occurs, the reason is that there is a license configured which shouldn’t have been, blocking other licenses. This license is usually called License 0
- Delete the license, and your view should now say “No licenses found”
- After this, a restart should leave you with one working thin client.