This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
Windows 7 takes a new approach to file management, which they have called libraries. Simply put, you library will show files from any and all folders you choose. There are libraries for documents, videos, pictures and music.
You can create folders in the libraries, the same way that you would create a folder elsewhere on your computer. You can also have your library display folders from different locations on the computer. There are two ways:
- Open the library in question
- Click the link that says “Includes # locations”
- Click add
- Browse to the folder that includes the folder you want to display, then click the folder you want to display
- Click “Include folder”, then OK
- Open the Explorer window
- Browse to the folder you want to include
- Click “Include in Library”, then select which library to include the folder in, or choose to create a new library