As a system administrator, you may want to limit access to certain program features in FotoStation, and even access to the entire configuration dialog, as well as prevent users from accessing certain types of side panels and program functions.
Security settings are accessed from the Configuration Menu, under General:
To prevent unauthorized access to the program configuration dialog, select the checkbox labeled Protect configuration dialogs with a password. Then click on the set password button to specify a password to access the configuration.
To prevent access to certain critical program features, click on the Add button. In the dialog that appears, press the Ctrl key to choose more than one option from the list.The following features can be disabled:
- Desktop panel: Prevents access to the Desktop / Finder panel so that users cannot access the file system folders directly from within FotoStation.
- Project Panel: Prevents access to all Project panels.
- Jobs panel: Prevent access to jobs panels
- Text edit: Disables the Text button on the toolbar and all related keyboard shortcuts so that the user may not access the text editor and change file metadata.
- Image edit: Disables the Edit button on the toolbar and all keyboard shortcuts and menu options that allow access to the high-resolution image edit mode.
- Crop: Prevents cropping of images.
- Acquire: Disables the acquire module for importing files from memory cards and other sources.
- Create archive: Disable users’ possibility to create new archives. Only pre-configured archives can be accessed.
- Create action: Disable users’ possibility to create new actions. Only pre-configured actions can be used.
- Delete file: Prevents deletion of files globally. The prevent deletion of files within certain archives only, this can be done in the properties dialog of each individual archive.
- Open file: Prevents users from opening files in their associated external application from within FotoStation.
Caveat lector: I used to work with support at FotoWare. This blog is my own space, I am not paid to write it. I write about FotoWare and FotoWare products because I believe in them.