Another year, another roundup. 2014 has been far less turbulent than 2013, for which I am grateful. I have held the same job throughout the year, and studied Project and Service Management in the first half of the year. After the summer, I turned to Change Management (with a bit of project management and strategy thrown in for good measure. I have yet to blog on that subject, when I do, it will be under the category T227.
Month: December 2014
Some time ago, I was working on a request to limit access to a folder to members of four AD groups. Following the established practice at my employer, I created the group to grant access to the folder, and the one to control who has access. I made the latter a member of the former, and went to add the members. Two of the AD groups that were to have access were added, no problem. The other two were not. Not only that, I couldn’t even find them when searching for them,
I recently had a user contact me to have R and RStudio installed. I downloaded and installed them both, and thought that would be the end of it. As it turned out, it wasn’t. When she went to run RStudio, this message popped up:
A little over a year ago, I showed you how to fix a broken trust relationship between the client computer and Active Directory. That post has since received a number of comments, and I will address some of them below: