I recently had a user contact me to have R and RStudio installed. I downloaded and installed them both, and thought that would be the end of it. As it turned out, it wasn’t. When she went to run RStudio, this message popped up:
Neither default versions worked, and when we browsed to where they were installed, no executable could be found (though we saw it just fine when browsing the folder). I noticed, however, that R had not been installed to C:\Program Files\, but rather to the user’s Documents folder. I ran the installation once more, this time as administrator, making sure that R was installed to C:\Program Files\. Lo and behold; when we next ran RStudio, it started up, no mention of any problems.