This article was been published more than 6months ago. The information contained herein may be outdated.
One of the Support Analyst’s most powerful tools is the ability to remotely view and control the end user’s computer. One of many tools that lets you do this, is TeamViewer. If User Account Control (UAC) using secure desktop is enabled, that secure desktop causes remote sessions without administrative privileges to go black when the UAC prompt pops up. To get around this, you need to launch TeamViewer with elevated permissions. Here’s how:
- Connect to the end user’s session ID
- Do not enter the password, instead click the “Advanced” button:
- If prompted, select “Switch to Windows authentification”:
- Log on with a user that has administrative privileges:
- Wait while the TeamViewer session is relaunched with administrative privileges:
Congratulations; you now have a TeamViewer session with elevated permissions