This article was been published more than 6months ago. The information contained herein may be outdated.
If you’re like me, your iPhone doesn’t stray far from you at any time, and is on your nightstand during the night. If you’re like me, you might also enjoy reading or something like that before sleep. If you’re like me, you find the darkest setting on the iPhone screen to be a bit too bright, and lights up the entire room. That can be remedied, however, by using the zoom-function without actually zooming in. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom
- In Zoom Region, select “Full Screen Zoom”
- In Zoom Filter, select “Low Light”
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut
- Select Zoom
- Try it out by triple-tapping the Home button
Note that since you have enabled zoom, it might zoom in when you activate it the first time. To avoid that happening, simply tap twice in quick succession on the screen, using three fingers.