A user called in, reporting that Word’s Track changes-function tagged her as “Author”, instead of her name. I opened a remote session, and started out by confirming that everything else was working correctly, and that her name had been set as the author in the settings for Microsoft Word. Stalling for time while I researched the issue, I found that it seemed to be a problem affecting particular documents. Knowing this set me on the path to the solution, as follows:
- Open the document
- Click the File tab, then Options
- Go to Trust Center, then Trust Center Settings
- Open Privacy Options
- Clear the check box for “Remove personal information from file properties on save”
- Click OK
That did the trick.