This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
A while back, I had an issue where images sent via MMS and iMessage would not load in Messages on my Mac. After a lot of troubleshooting and googling, I finally found a solution, which needed a little tweak to work for me. Here is how I resolved the issue:
- Quit Messages on your Mac
- Switch to Finder
- In the menu bar up top, click Go
- Hold down the Option key, and click Library
- Find and open the Messages folder
- Rename the Attachments folder
- Create a new Attachments folder
That resolved the issue for me, and I hope it will work for you, too.