This article was been published more than a year ago. The information may be outdated.
Two-factor verification is always a good idea, and anyone who is security- and privacy conscious should find it in their interest to set it up wherever possible. As a user of a number of Apple devices, I have had it set up on my Apple ID for some time. Before turning it on, you should ensure that two-step verification is turned off. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Your name
- Click Password & Security
- Click “Turn on Two-Factor Authentication”
- Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences
- Click iCloud
- Click Account Details
- Go to the Security tab
- Click”Turn on Two-Factor Authentication”
That should see you sorted.