Last week, I wrote about the importance of establishing a routine, and of keeping in touch with your team. I did not, however, talk about specific tools. This is the post where I do that. Without further ado, here are the tools I’ve been using:
- An excellent tool for voice and text chat, commonly used for gaming. Channel functionality to divide into teams, subjects, or similar.
- Google Meet
- Text chat, video conferencing, and call-in options
- Microsoft Teams
- Text, voice, and video chat, well integrated with Office 365
- Skype for Business
- We use Skype for Business for a lot of our internal communications, though it is being phased out in favor of Slack. Excellent for one-to-one and group conversations.
- An excellent tool for voice and text chat. Channel functionality to divide into teams, subjects, or similar.