The OEMINFO.ini-file is a file that stores support information about your computer, which usually ships with computers delivered with a preinstalled operating system. It can contain virtually anything, but usually…
Thoughts on many things Posts
A couple of friends of mine contacted me, telling me that they had run Disk Cleanup, after which all of their emails were gone. They were naturally a bit frightened,…
At times you might want to ensure that, no matter how many drives you have attached to you computer, when you attach a specific one, it’ll always show up with…
Most models of computer have one or two errors that you classically begin to see within about a year of their release. Be it motherboard issues, harddrive failures or simply…
Like me, you’ve probably been using the internet for a while, and may have noticed that sometimes Internet Explorer has a “provided by”-tag, looking something like this: Well,…
I like trying out new pieces of software, and when Apple released Safari for Windows I had no choice but to try it out. First impression is that it is most definitely an Apple product, and bears great resemblance to e.g. iTunes. It is a sleek piece of software, and it seems to be sturdy enough.
My problems have, as I mentioned, been twofold; first there is the universal problem of not being able to add extensions, and second there is the problem of Firefox crashing on one of my machines.
The error data for the crashes look like this:
I decided to do a fresh reinstall of Firefox, but wanting to keep my profile, with all my bookmarks etc., I exported the profile folder (as detailed in the Mozilla Knowledgebase). I then uninstalled Firefox, and then reinstalled Firefox. I then imported the profile folder, and I am now able to install extensions, though the problems with the crashes remain. This seems to be caused by the profile, and I created a new profile accordingly.
To create a new profile, I ran the command “firefox.exe -ProfileManager”, and created a new profile. I copied files as detailed in the Mozilla Knowledge base article on recovering data from an old profile, and restarted firefox with the new profile, taking care to delete the old one. Some data was lost, but most of my preferences survived.
The install of Firefox was an updated and patched one, originally installed as 184.108.40.206 or something like that. Most likely problem was caused by my install of Firefox having been updated and patched instead of reinstalled.
To resolve this problem, I relied heavily on the following Mozilla Firefox Knowledgebase articles:
I’ve been using Firefox for a few years now, and love it dearly. After the update to version 220.127.116.11, I have experienced the following problems with it:
It’s time to actually post a technical blog-post to my blog, so here goes…
Having decided to blog about technical issues, here’s a (not in any way comprehensive) list of the topics I’ll be covering: