As a general rule, I don’t do much in the way of SEO (search engine optimization) on this blog. I’m not trying to sell anything, readership numbers are largely irrelevant to me, and I am not serving any ads. While I wouldn’t mind having a readership in the tens or hundreds of thousands, the fact is I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend money on increasing readership numbers.
For the past two years, I’ve been enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) wherever I can, and particularly on services where I want to ensure that my data is as secure as possible. Back in April, I added 2FA to this site. As this was the first time I’d ever set something like this up on a service that I maintain myself, I went to the task with a fair bit of trepidation as I simply had no idea how easy or difficult it would be. As it turns out, it is very easy. Here’s how I did it:
Having played with the idea for some time now, I finally decided it was time to switch out my old theme for this one. Though there was nothing wrong with…