It’s no secret that I use an iPhone and Apple Watch. With those in the house, adding an Apple TV to the mix made a lot of sense from an eco-system point of view. A while back, I encountered the issue that I had duplicate Apple TV entries in the Remote App on my iPhone.
I attempted the standard stuff, like restarting the app, restarting the iPhone and so on, to no avail. After a little bit of trial and error, I found a solution; I removed all connected apps from the Apple TV and set them up anew. Here’s how I did it:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV
- Go to Remotes and and Devices
- Go to Remote App and Devices
- Remove all devices listed that correspond to the problematic device
- Unlock your device, and hold it near the Apple TV (ensuring that Bluetooth is on)
- Tap connect when prompted.
That resolved the issue for me,