I like having my Mac start a set of programs each time I boot it, yet there are others which, under normal circumstances, would be set to load on boot that I only want to be running when I want them to be. Luckily, deciding what programs to start on boot – or not – is a simple enough proposition. Here’s how:
- Open System Preferences, then Users & Groups
- Go to the Login Items tab
- Click the lock to make changes, and input your admin password when prompted
- To remove programs: Highlight the programs you don’t want to load, and click the minus sign to remove them
- To add programs: Click the plus sign, and navigate to the program in question
That’s all there’s to it.