For the fifth year running, I’m sharing my favorite things of the year. There’s no denying 2020 has been a hard year on so many of us. Here are some things that have made the year a little better for me:
- Nintendo Switch
- I’ve been a gamer for as long as I can remember. My first videogame was a Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong, and I’ve loved videogames ever since. The Nintendo Switch is a unit that has brought me a lot of joy and stress release this year. If you’re into mystery games, I’d like to recommend Fire Watch – an excellent little game about manning a fire watch tower in the Shoshone national forest.
- Peak Design Everyday Messenger
- My love for all things Peak Design should come as a surprise to noone. Ever since receiving my everyday backpack in 2016, I’ve been consistently impressed with the quality of their products. While a little on the pricy side, you get excellent value for money, and I, for one, will happily recommend both the quality and their customer service. My everyday messenger got a review back in November, and I was very impressed.
- G’morning, G’night
- I’ve long been a fan of Lin-Manuel Miranda. When I heard he’d published his G’morning/G’night tweets in book form, I knew I needed it in my life. Since picking it up, I’ve read a passage or three on most mornings, and it really helps me get started.
- The Lady Astronaut series
So, that’s it for this year. The ability to take a break from reality, whether for gaming or for literature, has been very important for my self care this year, as I’m sure it has been for so many others. Here’s hoping for a brighter future in 2021.