It’s been a good, long while since I last did a post on my EDC loadout, and I feel like it’s about time I add another instalment. First up is what I carry on my person:
- Phone – currently an iPhone XR
- Multitool – currently a Leatherman Wave+
- Flashlight – currently a LedLenser P2
- Wallet – currently a Magpul Daka Essential Wallet
- Keys – currently a standard split ring with my keys and keyfob
- Headphones – currently the Bose QuietComfort 35 II
- EDC coins – currently the Carpe Diem and Viking Travel coins from Carpe Diem EDC
All of these things serve some purpose in my life, and I rarely leave home without them. The multitool and flashlight live in a TuffLuv leather sheath on my belt, and the coins live in the coin pocket of my jeans. When I finish work for the day, I put all of them in a valet tray in my home office.
When I go into the office (which is, admittedly, a rare occurrence these days), I either go for a backpack – the Peak Design Everyday Backpack – or a messenger bag – the Peak Design Everyday Messenger. To my work-issued laptop, I will typically add the following:
- ID badges mounted on a T-Reign retractable reel
- Notebook – currently a Rocketbook one (until my supply runs out – they have sadly been discontinued)
- Pen – specifically a Montblanc Meisterstück Ballpoint pen
- Pencil – specifically a Blackwing 602
- Kindle Paperwhite
Unless I’m going to a customer site (which, again, is a relatively rare occurrence these days), I don’t bother bringing a power supply; I have docks for my laptop both at work and in the home office, and rarely have a need for one.